I had my first two encounters with peoples' only child preconceptions yesterday and today. They both happened at the dentist's office. First, after I declined a second set of x-rays for the year for G-man, the dentist asked if he was an only child. After I told him that he was, he made some comment on how mommy is protective of her only child. So....what, people with more than one child don't care about them and just let the dentist do whatever he wants to them?
Then today, we went back to the dentist for my turn. G-man was talking to the hygienist and she asked him if he had any brothers or sisters. When he said that he didn't, she immediately asked if he was spoiled. And so it starts, I guess. Now I just have to keep up on my job and raise an only child who is not a spoiled brat.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment