Holy Moly, I'm late in posting this! I have not had the time to upload the photos I took from week 20 until now. I blame it on my broken-toed, computer hogging husband! Most late posts are nobody's fault but my own, but this week was different...really.
Phonics: "Rupert" read Green Eggs and Ham all by himself for the first time this week! I think I'll get more easy readers from the library for him to try.
History: This week we read about the Assyrian Empire and Ashurbanipal, who collected writings for the first library which was in Nineveh. We also used Legos to construct an Assyrian siege tower. We made a wall so that "Rupert" could see how a siege tower was used. In our model, the Assyrians are taking over a city of frogs. :-)

Science: We are growing more crystals from a crystal kit "Rupert" got for Christmas. Thanks, Aunt Michelle!!

We also got an impromptu mini lesson on constellations this week from a man who trains at our kung fu school. He pointed Orion out to us and told "Rupert" that Ursa Major and Ursa Minor (the big and little dippers) are also know as big bear and little bear.
Spelling: This week we did the last two first grade spelling lists. "Rupert" got them all right! We'll take a week to review all the words he missed through the first grade lists, then we'll start on 2nd grade spelling.
"Rupert" cooked pancakes for breakfast one morning, and of course, he got creative with it. :-)


1 comment:
More fun learning. I want to be you when I grow up. ;)
Post a Comment