Friday, March 27, 2009

Behavior Jar

Someone on one of my yahoo groups posted this today and G loved the idea. We took a small jar and pasted on some tissue paper squares with watered down Elmer's glue. Each time I notice G doing something helpful, kind, or having a good attitude, he gets to put a marble in the jar. Whenever I see him whining, complaining or being disobedient, we take a marble out of his jar. When he collects 25 marbles, he gets a quarter.

We've only had the jar for a couple of hours, but they have been a couple of the most helpful, cooperative hours we've ever had! Let's see how long this lasts!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a cool idea. Such creativity flowing in that house of yours!

Mommy to One said...

It is turning out to be great not just for behavior, but for good character too. Several marbles have gone into the jar for honesty, and the other day I gave him a marble for saying, "Thank you, God, for getting us HOME!" I figured praising God was worth a marble. :-)