Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spool Knitting

G was looking at my current knitting project today and asked if I'd teach him to knit. I remember my mom teaching me to spool knit when I was little, and I thought it would be fun to try it. I don't have any spools around the house, so I had to get creative and make one from what we had...a toilet paper tube, some craft sticks, and some good old fashioned duct tape! Here's a picture of our home made spool:

I added the duct tape tips to the sticks so the yarn wouldn't slip off so easily. And here is how our project looks so far:
Here's a video on how to spool knit just in case you are like me and have forgotten how to do it.

3 comments:

Christina said...

You are so creative! look at you, figuring out how to make your own spool. And, umm, I've never spool knitted in my life.

Mommy to One said...

It's funny what you are capable of when it's for your child. I wouldn't call myself a creative person by nature, but G has sure pushed me to grow in that way. :-)

Kimberly said...

That's the craziest/neatest thing ever! I've never even heard of that before.