Hey, look at me! I'm actually on time with this post! Wooohooo! We had a great week this week.

Math: This week we worked on adding triple digits, and "Rupert" did wonderfully with that, so I introduced carrying. He wasn't terribly excited about carrying, and fought it at first. But toward the end, he claimed that it was "easy". We'll see if he remembers it next week. I'm planning on slowing down and just letting it all sink in for a while.

I also introduced rounding to the nearest 10 (which he didn't really understand the point of), and greater than and less than (which he LOVED, especially after I told him that the "alligator" wants to eat the biggest number and I let him draw teeth in the "alligator's mouth"). "Rupert" also enjoyed singing the skip counting by 3s song to the tune of Jingle Bells. It was just another reminder to me that I need to find more musical learning opportunities for him. If something is put to music, he's got it down in no time!
Phonics: We learned about the soft C sound this week.
ASL: Reviewed last week's farm signs, and learned some daily routine signs.
History: We talked about the Indus Valley in India and the people who lived there. Our history project was to make a Mohenjo-Daro dwelling using clay bricks. We also completed our Chicken mummy project.
Cutting the bricks:

Constructing the Mohenjo-Daro dwelling

The finished project

Our finished Mummy!

Science: We started on the bird section in our animal studies, and learned about parrots, eagles, and owls.
Writing: "Rupert" practiced his writing skills while writing letters to two friends this week.
Grammar: "Rupert" almost has his 4th poem memorized! Now to practice public speaking. He seems to use baby talk for some reason when he is reciting his poems. It's very strange because we have never used baby talk with him, nor he with us. I think it's part of this new feeling of embarrassment he is experiencing. I've noticed that when he gets embarrassed, he clams up, becomes less active and more quiet.
We unexpectedly had some home-ec time this week when "Rupert" cooked French toast for breakfast two days this week. He loves to cook, and I, for one, am so excited about that! :-)





1 comment:
I continue to watch your mummy chicken with much interest. :) And yay for home-ec lessons too. Sometimes I feel that is one of the most overlooked (and needed) sujbects.
Post a Comment