Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1st Grade: Week 19 Highlights

History: This week we learned about the Phoenicians who were famous for making purple dye, and we made some purple dye of our own. We dyed a pair of socks purple and then some pasta to make a "Phoenician" macaroni necklace.



Science: We let our crystal flowers continue to grow this week and they were pretty crazy overgrown by the time we got rid of them.



2 comments:

**** April **** said...

OH MY GOSH you're so fun in science! I love that!!! Can I send you my son! He needs 4th grade science ideas! LOL... I haven't found a GREAT program this year and I feel so badly for it!

Mommy to One said...

We got the crystal flowers idea from the book "More Mudpies To Magnets". My son is totally into science, but up until now I've been pretty lame about coming up with projects to do. I'm working on that.

We're about to start learning about the human body, and I'm excited about that! I have lots of books, videos and projects coming up for this unit. Yay!!