Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Attitude

The past week has been a great one! It's like I've had a revelation, a new breakthrough in my struggle with infertility. I feel great about my family as it is. Reading these books on parenting only children has really given me a new perspective and a much needed attitude adjustment. I'm so happy with our little family the way we are and the only way I want it to change is if it is God's will. I'm feeling contentedness wash over me and it's a great feeling. I'm looking forward to using my mental energy to build myself and others up instead of dwelling on what I can not do. I want to invest that energy into my marriage and my role as a mother.

I've been reading Parenting an Only Child: The Joys and Challenges of Raising Your One and Only by Susan Newman and The Only Child: Being One, Loving One, Understanding One, Raising One by Darrell Sifford.

No comments: