Thursday, January 10, 2008

Resolutions

You know what? I'm just going to blog my little brain out today. Let's talk about New Year's Resolutions. I've got some this year, and they don't include weight loss (although I wouldn't mind losing about 5 pounds). They are a stretch for me, but I believe I can do them.

My first resolution is to spend more time with God. Last year was a turning point in my life. I've always been a Christian, but last year my relationship with God became more personal. I got involved with a ladies Bible study group (I love you girls!), and learned about how God speaks to us. If I seek after Him, I will find Him. That's my goal for this year...to always seek after God, reading His Word and hanging out with people who love Him. It's made a huge difference for me so far and I want to start spending time with him daily instead of once or twice a week.

My next resolution is to train for and run a 5K. It doesn't necessarily have to be a race, but I want to be able to run 3 miles in one workout. This is a stretch for me because I am not a runner. I've never really liked it. I HAVE run a 5K before, but I was 8...a LONG time ago. Since then, I think the most I've ever run is about a mile and a half. With all the disappointments I've had with my body, I want a challenge that I am capable of overcoming. I want a reason to be proud of myself and what my body can do. I want to face this head-on and beat the crap out of it. LOL!

Resolution #3 concerns beauty. It's a simple way to make myself look prettier for my husband. I will wear some kind of lip gloss or lipstick daily.

My last resolution is something I've thought about doing for a while now, but never have. I will buy myself one new outfit each month. I HATE spending money on myself, but I also hate the old outdated clothes in my closet. My husband is excited about this one...I am too. It will be nice to actually have clothes that I like and that fit properly. Yay!

No comments: