Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Christmas Project Success!
We handed out our Christmas treats yesterday and today, and were met with bright smiles, warm hearts and lots of "Merry Christmas" wishes. It was amazing how a little kindness could start conversations between strangers who never would have taken the time to chat otherwise. G was a great little helper and really got into giving away treats. We started by giving one to his kung fu instructor and the kids in his kung fu class last night. Then we stopped by a friend's house and gave them some treats. We gave one to the grocery store clerk, auntie and the people in her office, and the girls at our apartment office. Then we went to Starbucks for some hot chocolate, and as we sat there I could see the idea come into G's mind..."I'm going to hand out goodies to everyone sitting here in Starbucks", and off he went with treats in hand, passing them around the store with a "Merry Christmas" and a smile. It was so much fun! We'll definitely be doing this again next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a special memory you've helped Grant create, and what a wonderful way to teach him to love those around him. It really is the simple things like this that bring the most joy around the holidays!
Ooh! I just noticed your new profile picture. WOW! Gorgeous! I love your hair styled like this.
Post a Comment