Monday, December 22, 2008

My First Sock

I wanted to try knitting some socks, and this is definitely the right time of year for it, so I decided to knit some socks for G. I've got one done so far and have learned a lot! I'm pretty excited about how it turned out. Now to try to make a match!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Excellent job! I tried knitting a scarf, which seemed simple in theory, and I purled and knit myself about four inches of the funniest looking mess you ever saw. So my hat is definitely off to you. :)

Mommy to One said...

LOL, thanks! It's funny how until 2 years ago I had NO interest whatsoever in learning to knit. I saw my mom do it and wondered why anyone would waste so much time on such a thing. :-) Then came the day that G saw a hat that a friend of mine knitted for her son, and voila! Instant intense interest in knitting. LOL!

When the student is ready, the teacher appears...my mom taught me her craft. :-)