Our first day of Kindergarten was a good one! I was up at the crack of dawn (better known as 8AM), exercised, ate, showered, dressed and was ready to go. I had to finally wake G up at 10AM, LOL! Hmmmm...I wonder where he gets that! I got his breakfast of Cookie Crisp and Froot Loops mixed together ready (he got to choose anything he wanted for his first day). Surprisingly, he ate it. I thought he'd take a bite and discover it was gross, and want a re-do.
We did calendar time, then G was so excited to get out his new colored pencils that he drew while I read him the story of creation. Then he drew a picture for his pen pal, labeled it and got it ready to send.
Next we took a nature walk. We saw all kinds of plants including blackberry vines, and huckleberry bushes (the most exciting plants were, of course, bearing food). We also saw a tiny tree frog, a grasshopper and a little snake. Very exciting!
We played readingeggs.com for phonics, checked out livemocha.com for Spanish (which I realized probably won't work for us at this time since it didn't keep his attention), and did our Five in a Row.
We did a bit of grouping for math, then we went to the racquetball court to play. Our school day took almost exactly 2 hours, not counting the nature walk or racquetball. G had fun, so I guess that means we had a successful day.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just took a peek at your blog. It looks great! And, it looks like you and your son are off to a great start.
I immediately thought of starfall.com while I was reading one of your posts. Have you tried that? My daughter still occassionally gets on that site. It's a lot of fun - and helps with reading skills! :-)
Post a Comment