This week we are reading
Owl Moon by Jane
Yolen. Our go-along activity for yesterday was to make a food chain. After reading more about owls, I had G tell me what owls eat (and surprisingly, yes, some do eat rabbits!), then what rabbits eat, and we made our own mini food chain.

Afterward, G wanted to draw a picture of an owl:
4 comments:
How did you start your homeschool group... not sure I want my children going to our public schools.
I found a local homeschool group through a search on meetup.com. There were several in my area, and we visited each one to see which one fit us best. I'd also recommend going to http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp to check out your state's homeschool laws. It's a good place to start learning about homeschooling.
Good luck to you!
That is an EXCELLENT interpretation of an owl. He's got a good eye!
Thanks, Kimberly! He informed me the other day that he wants to be an illustrator. He *does* love him some colored pencils and paint. :-)
Post a Comment