I'm trying to be more creative and flexible with our activities. Running just exactly by the schedule seems to strip some of the fun and spontaneity out of our day. A loose schedule is good and helps us to stay on track, but if that schedule gets too strict, I believe we miss out on great spontaneous learning and the fun that comes with the variety of it.
Today, as a new activity, I took down our December calendar (it's our first day back to school today) and had G put up the January one. It is a pocket calendar so he had to find each number and put it in order on the calendar. I think this will be a great once-a-month activity for him. It seems so simple. Why did I not think of this before? I was probably too worried about staying on schedule. Silly, silly me.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's always the simple things that I seem to not realize as an opportunity for learning. (Like the calendar.) So good for you for thinking of it!
Post a Comment